Tonolli strives for environmental excellence in its waste recycling and material recovery operation by minimizing impact on the environment and surrounding community. We recognize that demonstrating our commitment to the prevention of pollution and continual improvement is an important part of our overall objective. The following elements are basic to achieving this.
- Process and environmental monitoring equipment installed, maintained and read at regular intervals to ensure proper functioning of all systems.
- Emergency procedures are established to minimize emissions during interruptions of power or other system failure.
- Employees are trained in the operation, maintenance and in the proper emergency procedures of all process and environmental control equipment under their control.
- Customers and suppliers who visit our premises will be made aware of our environmental and safety procedures and will be required to conform to the standards.
- Contact and exchange of environmental monitoring data will be maintained with regulatory agencies and the community.
- Periodic audits will be made of Tonolli’s environmental performance and emergency preparedness and an annual report prepared for the Board of Directors.
It is the responsibility of all employees to understand and contribute to the goals of this policy. Management has an obligation to keep informed about environmental issues in order to maintain sound facilities. We will conserve resources and preserve the environment.
|Tonolli Canada Limited
||USW – Local 9042|